Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Review: Catherine's Treasure Box



Like most women that I know, I enjoy pretty jewelry. I like getting it for my birthday, a holiday, or my personal favorite, just because. I have also made it a point in my life to become less reliant on big box stores for my needs, preferring to patronize small businesses. Etsy stores offer me a great way to do that, without the need to put on real pants or strap the children in the car. Catherine's Treasure Box combines the two, making me very happy.

Catherine's Treasure Box is an Etsy store that offers handmade jewelry made with elements such as gorgeous stone and recycled glass.

 Each section of the store is labeled as a type of “box”, such as the whimsical box, the holiday box, and the giving box, each having bracelets, necklaces, and earrings that fit the description.

The piece I received was a stunning pink and black beaded necklace with a dyed stone pendant, which had a tag pricing it at $65.

 It arrived tucked in a lovely green silk pouch, which was wrapped in festive tissue paper, and was accompanied by a handwritten note and a smattering of business cards.

I'm not always the worlds biggest fan of the color pink, but this necklace is in such a wonderful shade, I can't help but be drawn to it.

 The dusty rose of the beads actually complements my milky winter complexion perfectly, bringing out a subtle flush, making me look somewhat closer to human. Every time I wear it, the Mister remarks on how well it looks on me.


One of my favorite components in this necklace is actually the toggle piece. An element that is often overlooked and plain, this toggle piece is decorated with banding and a rose in bloom. This little detail shows how much attention is paid to making each piece special.

I find myself choosing this beautiful piece over and over, because it is so very pretty, but also because it is durable, standing up to my darling daughter using it as a fidget when she nurses. The swirling striped stone fits almost perfectly in her little hand.

This necklace has stood up to everything my life has had to throw at it.

I know that next time I'm thinking of finding a unique piece of jewelry for a friend, family member, or even for myself, I'm going to be checking out Catherine's TreasureBox!

Right now, Catherine's Treasure Box has a posted sale - use the code SALE30 to get 30% off your order! That's a great deal, and just in time for a bit of romantic gifting, too.




Etsy Store

5 comments:

  1. Im not usually a fan of pink either, but that really is beautiful, and looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Prefect for Valentine's Day! #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete
  3. That necklace looks really nice on you! I like the large stone in the middle. #ProductReviewParty

    ReplyDelete