Monday, November 18, 2013

Review: Deep South Stitches

Reviewer: Anne Cone

This past May I found out that we were expecting a girl, after having two rambunctious, energetic boys. The first thing I thought to buy? Bows of course!


I believe there is no such thing as too many bows, so when I visited Deep South Stitches’ Etsy site, I was like a kid in a candy store! The shop is full of every bow you could want, in a candy jar array of colors and fabrics. 

One thing I immediately appreciated was that Deep South Stitches offers a wide variety of sizes to choose from - everything from tiny bows for brand new babies, to big flashy bows for a little more flair.


When I visited their Facebook page, I was able to see that they often offer sales and promotions, along with bows that can be mailed the same day. They also offer the option to “build a bow” by choosing your fabric and embellishments! I wanted one of everything I saw, so I was excited to receive a few items that the shop owners hand picked for my daughter to try out.


As an advance warning, I am not the worlds best photographer but I hope I have captured how well made these bows are!


We were on our way out the door when I received this box, but I ran back inside to tear into it!  I was so excited to see a Christmas bow, along with a fall theme bow and two sweet pink bows.  Having these in my hands, I knew we had to do a photo shoot with them. Twist my arm right? The best part of having a little girl is playing dress up any time we want!

I am in LOVE with these cute little bows! They are the perfect size for a baby - my daughter is 2 months, and they fit like they were made for her. I've seen a lot of bows that have metal clips, but these bows are a cloth covered alligator clip. This is perfect because they aren't sharp against her tender head, and they don't pull at her hair. As you can see, shes pretty happy about the bow as well!  


All of the bows can be clipped onto a crochet headband (most of them are a $1 upcharge for a headband, which is a great price), or used alone in a ponytail or on the hair itself.



This little pink clip is extremely secure, and that means its less likely to get lost! My little pumpkin didn't mind this bow in her hair at all, because it was fastened well and comfortable for her.




I love this pretty fall bow! I just clipped it right on to one of the infant headbands that I had on hand and it worked perfectly. If you opt for the interchangeable headband, it is thicker and works well for older kids as well!


I absolutely think that big bows on little girls are adorable, so although I could choose to wait to use this one, I won’t.  The colors are so rich, and they make this a unique and one of a kind piece. I took her to the store in this exact bow and received five compliments on how pretty it was.  


I love having one of a kind pieces, and the bows at Deep South Stitches definitely fit that bill. The ladies take extra time to add a tiny pearl cluster in the flower, or to combine fabrics that complement each other in a fun way. The attention to detail is evident in these bows!




This is by far my favorite bow that we own, and its going to get a LOT of use this holiday season. As all fashionistas know, having accessories that go with everything is a must! This bow incorporates so many different colors that its not limited to the typical red/white combo that most holiday bows are. I am so excited to attend a few holiday parties with my favorite little present in her pretty bow.





Overall, I could not have been more pleased with my experience with Deep South Stitches. Not only are they sending out an incredibly well made product, but their prices are more than competitive. Their shop prices run from $4-$10 (depending on how detailed the bow is), and they often have specials on their Facebook page that offer even lower pricing.


I recommend purchasing the interchangeable headband with your bows. The clips are very comfortable for kids, but if you’re like me and like the big bows, they are definitely easier on little ones with a thick headband.

Head over to Deep South Stitches Facebook page or Etsy Shop and check out their selection. My next order will be creating a special bow for football season (in our team colors with a tiny football attached!) and maybe one with the vintage buttons as well. The possibilities are endless, and so are the bows! 

No comments:

Post a Comment